Alaska Department of Corrections employees are on the frontlines of public safety across the state. Those dedicated men and women serve our communities in a variety of ways, from upholding the strict security measures inside of our institutions, to creating case plans that guide defendants and/or offenders on a successful path that makes each town and village stronger and lowers the recidivism rate, to our dedicated health care staff, to educators and support staff. Each member of the DOC team is valued and important to our overall function.
Interested in applying? View vacancies.
Applying on Workplace Alaska:
Locate a position on the Job Posting Board in which you are interested. Review the Recruitment Bulletin and determine if you meet the Minimum Qualifications for the position.
- Complete an Applicant Profile online. This provides general demographic, education and experience information. This form needs to be completed only once and should be updated as needed.
- Complete the Application. Each application is only considered for the specific vacancy stated and therefore applicants are encouraged to apply to several vacancies. The application provides information about your skills, education, and experience. It must be submitted by 5:00 PM on the closing date of recruitment. Please ensure that any information that you provide is accurate, honest, and up-to-date.
NOTE: If you have successfully submitted your application, a confirmation page will appear, informing you of the position title/number, date and time your application was submitted. A confirmation email will be sent to you. If you do not see a confirmation page, or if you do not receive a confirmation email after submitting your application, call the Workplace Alaska help desk to confirm your application was received successfully. Do make sure that you have the correct email address in your Applicant Profile, and that your spam filter will permit email from the 'alaska.gov' domain.
For questions regarding the hiring process or for further information, please call 907-269-5455.
Applying using hard copy forms:
You can print out hard copy forms from the Employment Services page.
- Complete a hard copy Applicant Profile. You will need to submit a copy of your Applicant Profile for each position you apply for.
- Complete a hard copy Job Qualification Summary. Each Job Qualification Summary is specific to each vacancy. A Job Qualification Summary must accompany the Applicant Profile to be accepted.
The Division of Personnel must receive both forms by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date of recruitment. See Contact Information at the bottom of the Recruitment Bulletin for the address.
DO NOT submit hard copy applications to the hiring manager; they are not responsible for submitting it to the Division of Personnel.
The State of Alaska complies with Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Individuals with disabilities who require special accommodation, auxiliary aides or services, or alternative communication formats call 1-800-587-0430 or 465-4095 in Juneau or (907) 465-3412 (TTY) or contact the Division of Personnel. We are an equal opportunity employer and support workplace diversity.
The Alaska Department of Corrections Training and Recruitment Academy enhances the safety of the residents in the State of Alaska and the employees of the Department. The Academy recruits and provides training for the Department's correctional professionals. The Academy provides a structured adult learning based model, centered on providing the State of Alaska with qualified and trained staff personnel. These trained professionals are prepared to address the numerous challenges facing the supervision of the offender population and their successful reintegration back into the community.
Learn more about the Training Academy and upcoming courses:
- Alaska DOC Programs and Services
- Resource Manuals/Information Pamphlets Provided to Inmates: