Prisoner visiting is encouraged because family and community ties increase the likelihood of success after release. Limitations, exclusions, or denial of visits will occur as necessary to protect persons and to maintain order and security.
Possessing, passing and or receiving of contraband within a Correctional Facility is a felony offense. Visitors and prisoners who introduce or receive contraband will be referred to Law Enforcement for possible charges.
Visiting Hours are 7 days a week, including holidays:
- 9:00 AM
- 10:00 AM
- 1:00 PM
- 2:00 PM
- 3:00 PM
- 7:00 PM
- 8:00 PM
- 9:00 PM
All visits are secured and 1 hour in length.
Attorneys and legal representatives will need to schedule a visit 24 hours in advance by contacting the facility. Attorneys and legal representatives may visit a prisoner at the institution between 8:00 AM and 10:00 PM daily, except during meal times or while the institution conducts an institutional count.
- Visitors should arrive for sign up at least 20 minutes prior to the scheduled time they wish to visit, in order to start all visits on schedule.
- Visiting is on a first come, first served basis. Time slots cannot be reserved prior to your arrival at the institution. Visiting rooms are limited in number.
- Visits will be limited to one per inmate per day.
- There is a maximum of 3 (including children) at any one time due to space limitations.
- All visitors MUST present a valid picture ID in order to visit.
- Persons wishing to visit must be at least 18 year of age. Minors under the age of 18 who are immediate family must be accompanied by an adult who is either an immediate family member or is approved by the Superintendent. A minor visitor who is not a family member of the prisoner must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. A birth certificate or guardianship paperwork must be verified at visitation check-in.
- Visitors who are on probation or parole will NOT be allowed to visit without WRITTEN permission from their Probation/Parole Officer AND the facility Superintendent.
- Cellular phones are not allowed into any visiting room.
- Visitors may not possess or use a camera, tape recorder, or other sound or visual recorder without the prior approval of the Superintendent.
- Visitors are subject to search by use of a metal or scan detector prior to entry into the visiting area.
Visitation may be denied for security reasons if visitors dress inappropriately or their clothing (or lack of clothing) violates the following criteria:
- A shirt and trousers for men;
- A shirt and skirt, shirt and slacks, or dress for women;
- Visitors may not wear: cutoffs, shorts, beach-type clothing, and provocative or revealing clothing such as mini-skirts, low-cut blouses, tube tops, low-cut pants, see-through blouses, or hats.