KCC Electronic Monitoring Program
- Submit a copy of your JUDGMENT with your completed EM Information form & terms and conditions.
- We require two weeks to process an application (the process may take longer if victim notification is required).
- It is in your best interest to apply as soon as you are sentenced to ensure your application is processed prior to your remand date.
- Release date is less than three (3) years.
- No current domestic violence or related convictions.
- Reside in Ketchikan.
- Must be able to provide a "clean" urine sample throughout duration on EM (use of prescription narcotics requires documentation from your physician & may be approved on a case-by-case basis).
- No weapons, alcohol, or controlled substances in the home.
The Electronic Monitoring (EM) Program allows offenders who meet certain requirements to serve jail time at home. EM Placement is a designation therefore a privilege based on suitability. Applicants do not have a right to be on EM. Offenders can maintain employment, access community based treatment, perform CWS, address medical issues and attend religious functions. There is a weekly cost associated with the program. A fee of $12.00 per day will be assessed, for a total cost of $94.00 per week. Inability to pay the fee does not prevent placement on the program.
Telephone Equipment Requirements
- You will be given specific instructions regarding the equipment prior to beginning the program. It is highly recommended that you do not proceed until you have been advised by EM staff.
Payment and Remand Information
- ALL PAYMENTS ARE TO BE MADE IN CASH, MONEY ORDER, OR CASHIER'S CHECK ONLY! No personal checks or debit/credit cards are accepted.
- All installations take place at the Ketchikan Correctional Center. Do not drive. Be prepared to provide a urine sample and the first week's payment.