The Department encourages prisoner visitation because strong family and community ties increase the likelihood of a prisoner's success after release. Visitation is subject only to the limitations in this policy and as necessary to protect persons and maintain order and security in the institution.
All visitors must be 18 years of age or older to visit. Minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and the birth certificate/guardianship paperwork must be presented when signing up for visitation. All visitors are required to register and record their name, address, and relationship to the inmate. All visitors must have current identification each time you visit, regardless of age, (Driver's license, state ID, Passport, Military ID, Tribal ID are acceptable forms of Identification).
Inmates will be allowed no more than one (1) visiting session per day not to exceed one (1) hour, and are allowed up to but not exceeding three (3) visitors per visiting session. This includes children and clergy. This does not include Attorneys' or law enforcement
Visitors are limited to visiting one inmate in a 30 day period, unless approved through security. Exceptions to this would be if you have more than one immediate family member in custody at the same time. In that situation you would have to visit them on different days.
Attorney visits may occur by appointment only any time between 8:00 am - 10:00 pm Please schedule 24-hours in advance: firstname.lastname@example.org, 907.269.4205
All visitors need to arrive one (1) hour in advance with a valid ID, passport or travel card.
EAST BLDG. (Anchorage Jail)
ACC-E visitation no longer requires an appointment. Visitation will be on a first come — first served basis.
9:00am, 10:00am, 1:00pm, 2:00pm, 7:15pm, 8:15pm
PLEASE NOTE: Thursday 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm only
WEST BLDG. (West Building)
ACC-W visitation no longer requires an appointment. Visitation will be on a first come — first served basis.
9:00 am, 10:00 am, 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm, 7:15 pm, 8:15 pm
PLEASE NOTE: Thursday 1:00 pm and 2:00 pm only
Echo and Fox Mod
Echo and Fox Mod visiting hours are Monday - Sunday, 7:00 am and 5:00 pm.
All visitors will go through a screening process before admission into visiting areas.
The Department may deny or restrict a person from visiting with a prisoner for the following reasons but are not limited to:
- Security requirements;
- Space availability;
- Disruptive behavior;
- Being under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Health problems (Restrictions for a chronically mentally ill person Only apply if the person's behavior is disruptive, dangerous, or in Some way threatens the security of the institution);
- Previous violation of visitation rules;
- A court order precludes visitation during probation (this also applies during incarceration);
- The visitor was released from a correctional facility within the Preceding 60 days, unless the Superintendent pre-approves the Visit. (This section does not apply to a prisoner's family members or a person who was acquitted at trial or released because the State dismissed the charges);
- Misrepresentation of identity or the purpose of the visit;
- Violation of the visitor dress code
- As a sanction imposed by a disciplinary committee. In that case, the department may limit or suspend contact visitation and limit secure visitation to immediate family members;
- The visitor is a parolee for whom parole conditions prohibit contacting a prisoner; or
- Any other reason that demonstrates that the visit is adverse to the orderly operation, security, or safety of the institution. (The reason must be documented as an individualized determination).
- Persons under probation, parole, or other community correction Supervision must obtain their individual supervising officer and the Superintendent's permission before visiting a prisoner.
It is strongly urged that all visitors come to the facility with only a minimum amount of items. NOTHING is allowed into the visiting area with the exception of an ID card, one key (locker Key or Car Key), One (1) plastic baby bottle, pacifier, receiving blanket, 1 diaper and wipes for infants. No food (including gum) or drink may be brought into the visiting area.
Minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and the Birth certificate/Guardianship paperwork must be presented when signing up for visitation.
Visitation by a minor who is the child of the prisoner may not be restricted unless parental rights to reasonable visitation have been terminated or otherwise limited, pursuant to divorce or a child in need of aid or other court order.
A Minor who is a family member of a prisoner must be accompanied by an adult who is either an immediate family member or is approved by the superintendent.
A Minor child that is not a family member must be accompanied by a parent of legal guardian.
Visitors must be properly dressed before checking in to visit an inmate. Any clothing or clothing articles that are considered inappropriate will not be permitted to be worn in the visitation area. Proper undergarments must be worn. Some clothing articles and accessories are prohibited. Wear clothing that is appropriate for a gathering of men, women, and young children. Wearing inappropriate clothing (such as provocative, transparent or revealing clothes) will result in your being denied visitation.
THE FOLLOWING CLOTHING ITEMS ARE NOT PERMITTED:
- halter tops, tank tops, tops with spaghetti straps, or that expose the midriff or cleavage
- bathing suits
- see-through garments of any type including excessive lace
- crop tops
- low-cut blouses or dresses
- Skin tight pants (Yoga pants, spandex material)
- miniskirts (skirts may not exceed 2 inches above the knee)
- backless tops
- hats or caps (the exception is headgear worn for religious purposes e.g. Muslim caps, Rastafarian hats, Sikh Turbans, Jewish yarmulkes)
- sleeveless garments
- hooded clothing
- Shorts (no more than 2 inches above the knee during the summer)
- Any clothing that displays a gang affiliation or is attributable to gang culture. Additionally, clothing that is obscene, racist or displays sexual content is not allowed
- Sweat suits, track suits, zipped jackets or shirts
- Winter Gear (Oversized coats, snowsuits, scarves, Gloves, Earmuffs, oversized down vest)
- dresses or skirts with a high-cut split in the back, front, or side
- clothing that looks like inmate clothing (gold top and gold pants)
- Boots over the knee. Shoes/boots must not have steel toecaps or sharp accessories (e.g. spikes, stiletto heels) Heels are to be no more than 3 inches.
- No bare feet (This includes children)
Because many people are usually visiting, it is important visits are quiet, orderly, and dignified. Our aim at the Anchorage Correctional Complex is to provide a safe, secure and respectful environment for all prisoners, visitors and staff.
Violations of visiting privileges may result in disciplinary action against the inmate and appropriate administrative or legal actions against the visitor.