Mailing Address for Prisoners
Hiland Mountain Correctional Center
9101 Hesterberg Road
Eagle River, Alaska 99577
- Deposits may only be made by individuals on a prisoner's approved visitor list. Name and address are required for deposits to prisoner accounts.
- Prisoners may correspond with anyone unless such correspondence jeopardizes the safety of a person, a prisoner's rehabilitation, or the security of the institution.
- Therefore, prisoners may not correspond with their victims, persons they are court ordered not to contact, and people under the age of 16 to whom they are not related.
- Prisoners may receive correspondence, photos, money orders, cashier's checks, and certified checks for $500 or less. Magazines, books, and newspapers are no longer permitted to be sent to prisoners in the mail and will be returned to sender at the prisoner's expense or disposed of in accordance with Department policy.
- DO NOT SEND CASH IN THE MAIL.
- No other items may be received by prisoners without prior approval.
- Items other than those listed above will be required to be disbursed at the prisoners expense.
- Contains plans or threats of physical harm or other criminal activity;
- Contains contraband, plans for sending contraband into or out of the institution, or indicates other activities prohibited under 22 AAC 05.400, Prohibited Conduct For Prisoners;
- Is written in a code the reader can not understand;
- Solicits gifts, money, credit, or contractual purchases without the approval of the Superintendent or designee;
- Contains information that, if communicated, would create a risk of mental or physical harm to a person;
- Contains material that could reasonably be expected to aid an escape, or incite or encourage any form of violence.
- Contains any material on the envelope that may be considered contraband or may be used to conceal contraband such as stickers, liquid stains or residue, excessive use of ink or markers, or other materials deemed a security concern by Department staff.