The nomination period for the 2013 Governor’s Denali Peak Performance Awards is now open. The last day nominations can be submitted is January 31, 2013. This is an exceptional opportunity to help build an atmosphere of recognition and appreciation for the hard work and outstanding performance of Peak Performers in the Department of Corrections.
Please consider nominating one of the many exceptional employees that work alongside you. Nominations may be made for any state employee.
Nominations are accepted in the following categories:
- COWORKER RECOGNITION (Awarded to an individual who supports his or her coworkers, coaches or mentors peers, personifies the spirit of the division/office/section; serves as a model of excellence for coworkers on a daily basis.)
- CUSTOMER SERVICE EXCELLENCE – INDIVIDUAL
- CUSTOMER SERVICE EXCELLENCE – TEAM (Awarded to a team (two or more) or individual who will be recognized for prompt, courteous service to the public that is well beyond the call of duty)
- EXCEPTIONAL PERFORMANCE – INDIVIDUAL
- EXCEPTIONAL PERFORMANCE – TEAM (Awarded to a team or individual that was critical in the achievement of a department objective such as improvement in productivity, cost savings, and was original and/or creative and/or used an innovative or novel approach to delivering this objective)
- LEADERSHIP (Awarded to an individual who exhibited exceptional leadership in pursuit of a department objective.)
- CRISIS RESPONDER – INDIVIDUAL
- CRISIS RESPONDER – TEAM (Awarded to an individual or team who, by responding in a crisis, demonstrated effectiveness, determination and cooperation in the presence of an element of risk.)
You can DOWNLOAD NOMINATION FORMS at THIS LINK.
You can review the criteria for each category HERE.
The Denali Awards web page is HERE.
Nominations must be made on the official nomination form for the appropriate award category. Each nomination should be submitted to your respective DIVISION DIRECTOR, unless you work at a correctional facility or probation field office, in which case your nomination should go to the SUPERINTENDENT or FIELD OFFICE SUPERVISOR. If you work for the Board of Parole, submit your nomination to the EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR.
You can download an example of a completed nomination form HERE.
There’s a list of 2012 winners HERE.
To contact the Department Representative, CLICK HERE.