The Goose Creek Correctional Center held its first SPOT Dog graduation ceremony Friday, April 4th. The following dogs, graduates of the program will be available for adoption:
- Sadie is a German Shepherd mix. Her winter coat is brownish; as summer approached her coat shows more shepherd characteristics. Sadie is very curious about what is going on around her and loves to run. Sadie loves to play keep away with the ball. Sadie is very gentle and lovable. Sadie has learned how to sit, lay down and shake. She has also learned the command “no.” She is kennel trained and house broken. Sadie has learned to be more confident and has become much more comfortable around people than she was when she arrived.
- Faith has learned to heel, fetch, lay down, wait, and has developed patience and temperance. She has learned to walk by the handler’s side when off leash. Faith has also learned her name. Faith is a brindle boxer mix that is brown and black with white on her face. She is well muscled with a good coat and healthy skin. She is very playful.
- Carley has learned a lot of patience and many commands. She gets her leash when she wants to go out. She has learned that she does not have to eat her food immediately when it is given to her. She also has learned to be comfortable in her kennel. She can sit and stay, lay down, and heel. She can also do tricks with treats by leaving them on her paws and not taking them until told to do so. Carley can also shake hands. Carley is a 9-month-old golden retriever and black lab mix. She has a very black, thick, and shiny coat. She loves to play fetch and soccer. She also loves baths. Carley is a wonderful dog.
- Tank has learned to sit, lay down, stay, come, shake, fetch and walk on a leash. Tank has also learned to sit and wait for the release command before eating. Tank is a brown brindle and white malamute-pitbull mix. He loves to play and is full of energy.
- Annabell has learned basic obedience such as sit, stay, lay down, kennel up, stay, heel etc. Annabell can also do tricks such as hold a treat on her nose until she is told she can have it. Annabell also responds to hand signals. Annabell is a three year old yellow lab mix that weighs about 60 pounds and is very energetic and friendly. Annabell is a very well behaved dog.
- Mac (who has been adopted) has learned the basics such as sit, stay, kennel up, wait at doors, how to play fetch and drop toys. Mac also has learned how to walk on a leash without pulling. Mac can roll over and leave treats. Mac is an 80-pound black lab and will make a great pet.
Interested in adopting? Contact the Matsu Bureau Animal Shelter at (907) 746-5500.